Mekong Delta Discovery 3 days will provide you to Immerse yourself in the natural beauty and the rich culture of Mekong Delta region. This is a chance to visit Tra Su Forest- source for many animals, particularly species of birds.
• Drive from Saigon through rice paddies and small villages to My Tho (70km ~ 1.5 hours)
• Visit Vinh Trang pagoda –one of the most beautiful and famous landmarks in the region
• Enjoy 3-hour boating & freely walking trip at Mekong Delta
• Explore The Mekong River small canals by rowing sampan
• Visit a beautiful island with many tropical orchards
• Discover how to make coconut candy and try some
• Ride a horse-cart throughout the village
• Taste local fresh fruits as well as honeybee tea
• Have lunch at a garden restaurant on river bank with countryside specialties
Then proceed towards Can Tho. Overnight in the hotel
Waking a very early morning boat trip (5:30am usually recommended) to visit the Cai Rang floating market which is wholesale market of fruit and vegetable at its busiest at this time of the day. Keep cruising through the small channels system and visit a rice noodle making village. Experience the “Monkey Bridge” in the Delta. Head towards Phong Dien for the smaller, quieter floating market (optional for private tour). Break for lunch. Proceed to Chau Doc and continue the tour to visit Tra Su – This nature reserve covers a massive area that is home to the rich and diverse species of water birds, fishes, reptiles, bats and some endangered species. The lush vegetation, florals and fauna in abundance created an amazing haven for wildlife. Taking a motorized boat followed by a rowing boat deep into the forest through the lovely channel of waterways, a short walk to the observation tower to enjoy the panoramic view or the area. Back to the town, on the way back stop by to visit Sam Mountain, the Cave pagoda (if time permitted). Hotel check in. Overnight in Chau Doc.
After breakfast, take a nice boat trip through the floating village to visit a fish farm to see how the Mekong Delta people raise fish in their floating houses. Visit the Cham minority with their traditional weaving village, followed by a local Islamic Mosque. Trip back to Ho Chi Minh City. End at the office or your hotel